Sunday, October 26, 2014

Here we go again

I am reactivating this blog because, as most of you know, I am going back to surgery on Tuesday Oct 27. I have been most fortunate and done unbelievably well for about 5 years, but I have a little cyst that has been slowly growing in my pelvic regions for about a year now. The only way to figure out if it amounts to some that sends me back to chemo or amounts to nothing is to go in and take it out and look. To be perfectly honest the idea of surgery is not nearly as exciting and fun the second time around. So that is what will happen. I know I have done a lousy and erratic job of updating my friends about this upcoming event, so this may take some of you by surprise. Thanks for supporting me anyway. This time the surgery will be at NE GA Medical Center in Gainesville, GA so I can stay with the same medical group that handled my chemo and has followed me along. A friend (Jessie) will take me up Monday night and stay until I am out from under anesthesia. Another friend who is retired (Jan) will come to visit on Wednesday. My cousins (Jane and Bruce) will arrive Thursday and bring me home and stay until I can operate on my own. So thanks for your concern - I am good and I have the support I need. Hope you are well. Louisa

No comments:

Post a Comment